2632 Clinical Nurse Manager I (Direct Hire)
APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Los Angeles 90016, California
- Job Number:
- Nurse Opportunities
- Direct Hire
This is a full time, direct hire, salaried position with benefits.
The Clinical Nurse Manager I will assure quality and cost-effective care for clinic patients, some living with HIV, and will manage a patient’s course of treatment, and coordinate care with providers and other clinical support staff to ensure quality patient outcomes are achieved within established time frames with efficient utilization of resources. In addition, the Clinical Nurse Manager will work closely with the Nursing Director to design, implement and monitor workflow processes at the Clinic. This position plays a significant part in the implementation of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide clinical support to medical providers before and after adult primary care visits so as to ensure the timely delivery of quality medical care.
- Interface with medical assistants and other non-administrative staff to ensure patients receive specialty referrals in a timely manner and are able to follow through so as not to interrupt patient care.
- Treat and administer vaccinations to patients diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in a timely manner and according to clinic STI treatment guidelines.
- Participate in quality improvement activities as directed by the medical director, e.g. data analysis and measurement of outcomes, document and report the results and accomplishments of quality improvement initiatives.
- Triage adult patients who walk in to clinic or call with acute medical concerns.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and leadership to LVN, medical assistants, phlebotomist, and other non-administrative staff as hired.
- Will perform yearly performance evaluations on direct reports.
- Will develop staff training/in-service for clinical staff
- Assist in the clinic transformation to a patient centered medical home (PCMH), in conjunction with the PCMH coordinator, Medical Director, Chief Operating Officer and Nursing Director.
- Will provide chronic disease management (CDM) for patients that are referred by providers and develop appropriate care plan.
- Will delegate to LVN appropriate CDM referrals
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
- Clinical experience as a registered nurse in an ambulatory health care clinic, preferably at a federally qualified health center (FQHC).
- Ability to provide services in a non-judgmental fashion and work effectively with diverse populations is required as is the ability to maintain records and follow clinical guidelines/protocols.
- Must be able to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy; work and solve problems independently; work flexible hours in order to complete tasks and meet client needs.
- Ability to be flexible in handling unanticipated client needs is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Experience working in patient-centered care teams preferred.
- Experience in chronic disease management, case management, utilization management and quality improvement projects are preferred.
- Experience in an HIV medical practice is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic health records, eClinicalWorks preferred.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION